Accounting Lead & HR Generalist
In addition to applying through our website, please call us & leave a voicemail at 415.737.5592 letting us know why you are perfect for this position. Candidates who do not leave a message will not be considered.
WHAT WE DO
Keeping Your Balance provides reliable, cloud-based accounting, payroll and HR solutions for fast-growing small businesses. We employ the latest technology to provide efficiencies to our clients, and stay on the cutting edge of the ever-changing accounting industry. Our friendly, knowledgeable and professional team members care about our clients and strive to help them grow their businesses.
WHO WE WORK WITH
We work almost exclusively with fast-growing small business. From restaurants and early stage start-ups to professional service firms and non-profits, KYB provides a scalable accounting solution for high-growth companies.
We are looking for experienced accounting and HR specialists to join our growing team! Strong written and verbal communication skills are vital to ensure professional communication with clients. The successful candidate will possess not only the required technical skills, but an ability to provide service to our clients with a smile and a natural desire to go above and beyond expectations.
- Oversee one or more client accounts in coordination with a support team of bookkeepers, accountants and HR specialists.
- Manage day-to-day processing of AR and AP using QuickBooks Online, producing reports as requested.
- Oversee monthly and quarterly assessments and forecasts of organization's financial performance against budget, financial and operational goals. Oversee short and long-term financial and managerial reporting.
- Reconciling monthly activity, generating year-end reports, and fulfilling tax related requirements.
- Administering payroll and employee benefits and organizational insurance.
- Administer all client Human Resources plans and procedures, as well as development and implementation of new plans and procedures
- Perform client benefits administration, including claims resolution, change reporting, Open Enrollment, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefits information to employees.
- Manage onboarding and offboarding of employees for client accounts
- Maintain human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Advise clients on compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Provide answers to general HR questions from client and employees, referring them to additional resources when appropriate.
- Ensure that client requests are resolved and communicated in a timely manner to internal and external parties.
To be considered, candidates should meet the following requirements:
- 3+ years full-charge bookkeeping experience
- 3+ years experience as an HR generalist
- Experience providing A/R, A/P and payroll functions
- HR certification or qualifications to obtain certification within 1 year
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, team members and outside vendors verbally and in writing, providing the necessary follow up to ensure a great customer experience
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Excel and other standard programs; experience with or the ability to quickly learn Quickbooks accounting software along with cloud-based billing software and various web-based tools for banking and credit card processing.
- High level of general computer knowledge; comfortable learning new programs and tools
- Familiar with Zenefits or other HRIS
- Multi-state and multi-client experience a plus
- Comfortable working in a virtual, paperless environment
- Strong ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple assignments
- Proven ability to work in a self-directed manner, with initiative and exceptional follow-through
- Sound judgment, strong decision making skills & abundant common sense
- High attention to detail, organized, and assertive
- Self aware, comfortable knowing your own limits and when to ask for help
- High personal ethical standards
- Able to consistently and accurately follow established policies and procedures
- Eager to leverage technology for efficiency and progress
- Friendly demeanor with a positive can-do spirit; takes pride in high-quality work
This position is full-time and 100% remote. You will work from the location of your choice on your own equipment, which should include high-speed internet, PC with Windows 7 or newer and MS Office, webcam with microphone and speakers, and phone.